Thursday, August 25, 2011

48 Hours Old

Tyson is doing well today, a little more guarded with his arms and hands, squirming and crying if even touched or brushed against. We were told yesterday that Orthopedics was going to consult, today the doctor was not sure if they were contacted yesterday so maybe today, I'm betting they will come around tomorrow. His platelet count has stayed the same as yesterday, 36,000 and his Billirubin is up from 9 to 12 so he will continue to do the photo therapy. Because of his increased white blood cell count, they want him to receive 7 days of antibiotics so he will be here at least till Tuesday and Kellie will get kicked out on Saturday. Thankfully we are on the weighting list at the Ronald McDonald house and will be able to stay there until he is able to go home.

1 comments:

emlizalmo said...

Oh my goodness...he is so beautiful. I am SO happy for you and your family. I hope he continues to get stronger and stronger. Hugs to your beautiful wife! :) (Tell her Amy Schofield says hi and is in love with her new baby boy).