5 in a half years ago I found a lump on my throat, I went to the doctor to see if it was something to worry about. They did a biopsy and it came back negative for cancer. So the doctor just said if it doesn't bother you there's really no point in doing surgery. It didn't bother my so I just left it. Once a year my work does a health evaluation on all their employees for health insurance reasons and this last year when I got my results back it came back positive for Hyperthyroidism. basically I feel exhausted all the time, I was able to lose weight really easily, I was always hot, and my hormones were out of wack. So then my ENT referred me to an Endocrinologist at which time she did another biopsy and an ultrasound on my Thyroid and she was shocked, she didn't like the size of the nodules in my thyroid. Basically your thyroid has a little of little nodules in them and I had a couple of them filling up with fluid. The Doctor said that the Iodine therapy was out of the question because of the nodules, she thought it would probably just pool up in the nodules and not really work all that great. So because I now had hyperthyroidism and the nodules, she recommended just getting it taken out. So I went back to my ENT who would do the surgery and scheduled a date, so on March 18th I got my thyroid completely taken out, it was so big the doctor had to drain the fluid before he could take it out, he also found two other nodules that we didn't know were there.... Here are a few pictures and you can see why I decided to get it taken out...it started getting pretty uncomfortable back around December... so this was a very good thing, I feel so much better now that I have gotten it taken care of.
This is right before we left the hospital
This is my scar now

Daftar Waralaba Minuman Tahun 2015
8 years ago
6 comments:
HOLY COW!!! I'm so glad you're doing better!!! Thanks for the update!!! Love you!!!
HOLY COW is right! That's the first words that came to my mind. Well actually holy crap, but cow sounds a little nicer. OH MY GOSH that was huge! SO glad you got it taken care of. Seems like the thyroid gives a lot of our family members problems.
My exact thoughts before I even read the two comments above was "HOLY COW"!
You know I had hyperthyroidism also didn't you? It's also called "Graves Disease". I didnt have to have my taken out, just radiated it to death. Thyroid pill for the rest of my life but I am doing great. I am sure you will do great too! Thank heavens it wasn't cancerous!
WOW I dont think i ever noticed there being a bump on your throat like that. I am glad that everything went well with though.
OMGosh Kellie! That is so scary! I have an enlarged thyroid and these pics worry me. I'm glad they were able to take care of it and you're feeling better. What a scary experience!
sheesh! that is not fun! I hope all is well and that you are okay! McKinley had a thyroglossal duct cyst removed and has a scar too. her scar faded a lot. i bet yours will too.
Post a Comment